"History of the Collection:
After 1945 Georgine Anka, then living in Budapest, started repairing dolls to obtain her ration cards. As replacement parts were not available, she used pre-war pieces which were generally made of celluloid and of German origin. When Frau Anka moved to Germany in 1956, with her husband, she again opened a large doll reparing business. She found that most of her clients wanted new doll parts, particularly heads, rather than having the old celluloid ones reparied."
A guide for the unknown dolls of the Gauder-Anka-Stuttgart Collection, exhibited in the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood in 1976.